Thursday, October 2, 2008

Art at Home

Our new school year is well underway. It's going wonderfully. My funding source has changed. My position is now state-funded through a brand new program called the Beverly Taylor Sorensen Arts Learning Program.  As a part of this new program, I have a classroom this year and I  love it.


I am starting something new called "Art at Home."  I'll be sending a short newsletter home with every child monthly. These newsletters will give parents simple and creative ideas for art projects that they can do with their children at home. I'll also try to post an online video tutorial each month, explaining the projects in more detail. The first of these projects is the Writing Station.  Parents can make simple stapled books for their children and create a special place for their children to write and illustrate their own poems, short stories, dreams, or just passing thoughts.  Here is the first tutorial. I hope you like it.






5 comments:

Rachel said...

You were great! I'm excited to see what else you can show me how to do.

Linda Liebhardt said...

Alisa! Wonderful tutorial, so crisp and clear [the content, not the video ;-)] and full of wonderful information for parents. I'm going to show it to Gail. Enjoy the rest of the month. I can't wait to see the next one (no pressure--ha!)

Lucy said...

You are fabulous. We make those all the time but they look simply marvelous when you do them that way. My kids were watching over my shoulder, wheels turning and ready to kill another stapler. Caroline can sew though so I know what she will try now.

All the places you love said...

Alisa I love the books! I've got some students in my K class that would just think they had died and gone to heaven if they had books like that. I've got wallpaper samples that I can use for covers.

Snippety Gibbet said...

Really wonderful idea. jan